Rancho Bernardo Inn Men’s Golf Club
Minutes of the Meeting of the RBIMGC Board of Directors
September 10, 2020
The meeting was held as a ZOOM video conference. In attendance were Jerry Canning, Norm Blades, Tom Dubuque, Tom Smith, John Kersey, Joe Walkington, Ren Halloran, Darryl Medders, Tom Christopher and Gregg Gattuso. Roger Smith was absent.
The meeting was called to order at 8:32 AM by President Tom Christopher.
Secretary’s Report – Tom Smith:
Tom noted that the minutes of the August 20, 2020 meeting had been circulated and posted on the website. Tom asked for a motion to approve the minutes. MSUA.
Treasurer’s Report – John Kersey:
John discussed the Treasurer’s report for the month. As of September 10, the Club has an operating cash balance of $11,435.13 and available cash of $9,796.25.
Membership Report – Jerry Canning:
Since the last Board meeting, the Club has added no new members. Three members renewed their membership. There were no non-renewals.
The Club has 4 new applicants in the pipeline. They will play their evaluation rounds over the next two Monday tournaments.
As of September 10, Club membership remains at 193 members: 186 Full, 1 Associate and 6 Comped members.
Report from Pro Shop – Evan Biundo:
Evan just received the Club’s 2020 Team Play trophy. It will be installed in the Pro Shop soon.
RBI is working on improving course conditions. They have aerified the fairways 4 separate times, re-seeded multiple fairways and fertilized all the fairways.
All the tee boxes are being re-sodded in stages. Most of hole #15 and all of #1 are done. They will work on about two tee boxes per month until complete.
Single rider carts are still required based on County mandates. Dual riders are not allowed unless they are family members or living together. Evan will let us know if this mandate changes.
Handicap Chairman – Norm Blades:
There are no issues at the present time.
Tournament Chairman – Joe Walkington:
Two issues were discussed:
- After discussion, the Board agreed to establish lift, clean and place rules in the fairway only, not thru the green, for all future tournaments until course conditions improve. MSUA. These instructions will be placed in the Cart Instructions as well as on the front of the scorecard.
- The Board agreed, MSUA, that the following protocol is to be used for DQing a Team when a scorecard is not submitted:
“Each team must deposit a legible signed and attested scorecard in the RBIMGC box provided on the starters table within ½ hour of the last team completing their round AND text a copy of the same scorecard to the TD whose number is shown on the card before 5:00 PM. Your text should include your name and team number. If a team fails to submit an acceptable scorecard to the TD by 5:00 PM the team will be disqualified.”
A DQ’d team will not be awarded any participation points for that tournament.
If a team is DQ’d for not submitting a scorecard, but later come up with it, they will be instructed to submit or text the scorecard to the Handicap Chairman for posting of their scores. MSUA.
Web site – Tom Christopher:
There are on-going minor issues with the web site. If a Board member is having problems posting to the web site, he should send the information to someone else who can.
- Ren will send out a special email reminding members that his tournament on September 14 is a 5-club tournament and to only bring that many clubs to the course. This needs to be emphasized multiple times. Also, the scores are not postable.
- It’s still unclear if the Inn can handle our typical Annual Dinner of 100+ people. Our annual member/member Golf Day is not in jeopardy, although there is still work to be done regarding registration.
- Tom Christopher will organize a Nominating Committee and work with Gregg Gattuso on a backup email plan for electing the new Board for 2021.
- Tom Christopher will organize a Thursday round for Past Presidents and current Board members. He will propose a date soon. Tom is working with Evan on what the fee will be.
The Club’s next Board meeting will be on October 15 at 9AM via ZOOM.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 10:02 AM.